LBDC | Lawyers’ Business Development Club |
London │ Dublin │ Dubai │ Boston │ New York | San Francisco
Est’d London 2011
Previous guest speakers include
The Chairman of Goldman Sachs International | The Deputy Worldwide Chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi | The CEO of PayPal (MENA) | The CEO of Hogan Lovells | The CEO of O2 / Telefonica | The CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi (MENA) | The CEO of PwC (Ireland) | The CEO of Bank of Ireland (UK) | The CEO of Sunderland FC | The CEO of the Law Society of England & Wales |
The GC of MetLife Inc. | The GC of Pearson Plc | The GC of Manchester United FC | The GC of the Intercontinental Hotels Group | The GC of The Weir Group plc | The GC of Network Rail | The GC of Carillion plc |
Richard Hytner: Deputy Worldwide Chairman, Saatchi & Saatchi
“Richard was simply outstanding. I am struggling to remember hearing a better speaker in the last few years.”
So said one of our guests after hearing RICHARD HYTNER’s (Deputy Chairman Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi) Talk to the LBDC (“Lawyers’ Business Development Club“) in London on Thursday, 19 March 2015. More accolades for Richard’s Talk to us are included below.
Richard gave us a fascinating Talk about his highly acclaimed new book – “Consiglieri: Leading from the Shadows“.
You can find out more details about Richard’s book on his website:
You can also follow Richard on Twitter:
Our thanks to Matheson, (“the law firm of choice for international companies and financial institutions doing business in and through Ireland“) for sponsoring our event at the stunning City of London venue: Innholders’ Hall. Matheson has offices in Dublin, London, Palo Alto and New York.
For those of you who were unable to join us at the LBDC in London on Thursday 19 March 2015, you may be interested to see some of our photos.
What our Guests said:
- “Colin, many thanks for the invitation to this morning’s event. Richard was simply outstanding. I am struggling to remember hearing a better speaker in the last few years. It was an extremely good event. I would very much like to attend Patrick’s talk on 21 April if there is space. Thanks again for this morning.”
- “Congratulations on this mornings excellent event Colin! Fantastically enchanting and engaging, energetic speaker, excellent venue and superbly well attended. LBDC grows from strength to strength. Great to see a few familiar [ ] colleagues, as well as Angela from Goal. I reconnected with a few firms the [ ] haven’t spoken with for some time. Really enjoyed it, thank you. I started reading Richard’s book on the train to the office….entertaining from the outset…..it will be a good read over the next few weeks. Best of luck with the launch of Dubai LBDC! It really would be great to catch up for a coffee / beer when you get back. I could use all the mentors / guidance from people like you that I can get. Speak soon.”
- “Colin, speaker was great.. quite inspirational and his honesty refreshing. Food for thought…You mentioned Denis O’Brien and wonder if you have come across the very impressive no 2 Leslie Buckley… A man in the shade and powerful! The 21st looks great and I would love to attend if in town. Also if possible could my husband [ ] come along. Best of luck with Dubai.”
- “Hi Colin, what can I say, the talks just keep getting better and better!!! Richard was a natural engaging and entertaining speaker. I thought he was so interesting and he gave such a polished and honest talk, well worth getting up extra early for!!!! Please note my new address, it would be great if you could meet up, however I know how busy you are now the club is international!!! However if you are free send on a couple of dates which work for you. All the very best Colin, I am so glad that the BDC seems to be going from strength to strength.”
- Hi Colin, I just wanted to say thank you for this morning. It was a really engaging presentation and I’m sure the whole room could relate in some way to what Richard was talking about. What a fantastic speaker he is! Look forward to the next one.”
- “Morning Colin, really great event – thanks for letting me attend. Was very enjoyable and I met a few interesting people. Enjoy Dubai and I look forward to grabbing a coffee when you get back (long over due a 1:1).”
- “Hi Colin, thanks for this morning. Really enjoyed it. Richard was a very engaging speaker, and a charismatic guy. Hope Dubai goes well. Talk soon.”
- “Colin, good to see you this morning. Good talk, as ever. Are you in London on Easter Sat? I have a couple of hospitality tickets to Arsenal v Liverpool at the Emirates and it would be a good chance to catch up properly…Let me know.”
- “Excellent talk there this morning Colin.On a separate note, spots free at the [ ] London table at the CI Legal Dinner if you’re not already invited?
- “Great talk today Colin. I look forward to attending more events in the future.
Twitter: Reaction to Richard Hytner’s Talk
Richard’s talk also provoked a twitter fest which was great! Here are just some of the tweets that were sent during and after Richard’s Talk to us at the LBDC.
- “Fantastic talk this morning by @RichardHytner on the role of the Consiglieri @LawyersBDC.”
- “Brilliant talk this morning by @RichardHytnerichardHytner, Deputy Chairman at Saatchi & Saatchi @LawyersBDC on “Leading from the Shadows.”
- “@LawyersBDC @RichardHytner thanks both for a great talk. Tom Hagen has long been an inspiration and I’m looking forward to the book.”
- “Thanks to @LawyersBDC for thought provoking start to the day with @RichardHytner #consiglieribook #leadership”.
- “That woke me up! Thanks @LawyersBDC for fascinating start to the day with @RichardHytner #consiglieribook.”
- “Excellent presentation by @RichardHytner – Consiglieri: Leading from the Shadows @LawyersBDC consiglieribook.com “
- “Fantastic speaker @RichardHytner deputy chairman @wwsaatchi @LawyersBDC @Ellie_Leva”
- “@LawyersBDCawyersBDC @RichardHytner are you the caddier or the golfer in a leadership relationship?”
- @RichardHytner praising the No2’s @LawyersBDC sponsored by @MathesonLaw #London #CEO’S #leadership #lawyers”
- “@LawyersBDC @RichardHytner in the UK we are more interested in the sizzle rather than the substance when promoting leaders”.
About Richard Hytner: Deputy Chairman Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi
A law graduate from Cambridge University, Richard joined Saatchi & Saatchi in 2003 as its CEO for Europe, Middle East and Africa. Today, as Deputy Chairman, he and his global strategy team work with leaders of Saatchi & Saatchi’s worldwide clients, helping them to develop, articulate and pursue their Purpose.
Richard is Adjunct Professor of Marketing at London Business School, where he graduated as a Sloan Fellow in 2003. He teaches MBAs, EMBAs and Sloans, as well as senior leaders on both open and custom programmes. Beyond family and football – he co-founded the Manchester United Supporters’ Trust to promote fan ownership of the club – Richard is a literature, theatre and film fan.
Richard’s first book, Consiglieri: Leading from the Shadows was published by Profile Books in June 2014 (www.consiglieribook.com). It is a celebration of the craft of leadership that supports, counsels, challenges and checks the out and out charismatic leader.
Richard’s Lovemarks include Paul Smith, Nespresso, Eric Cantona, London Business School, Drive Forward and Titanium Tutors.
Purchasing “Consiglieri: Leading from the Shadows“
If you are interested in purchasing Richard’s book you can do so on Amazon. The link is below:
If you wish to keep in touch with the LBDC , you can do so by following us on Twitter: @LawyersBDC
I am extending an invitation to you to our Linkedin LBDC group. If you wish to join it, please click on this link below and you will be admitted to our group.
Exciting News: Last Monday 23 March 2015, we launched the DUBAI chapter of the LBDC (“Lawyers’ Business Development Club”). The LBDC now has international chapters in London │ Dublin │ Dubai │Boston │ New York.
For more details (including photos) of our launch in Dubai, please click on the link below.
Next LBDC Event: Man Utd General Counsel Talk
We have a very special event taking place at the LBDC in London on Tuesday 21 April 2015.
Patrick Stewart the General Counsel (GC) of Man Utd will be our guest speaker. He will give us a Talk about his personal career journey.
More details are on this link below:
Contact: Colin Carroll
My email is:
Take care and hope to see you soon.
LBDC (“Lawyers’ Business Development Club“)
London │ Dublin │ Dubai │ Boston │ New York
Telephone: 0044 7917 301 070
The LBDC is sponsored by:
Global Sponsor: CityJet