I hope you are well and you enjoyed the festive period.
New Year New Job
It’s the start of a New Year so you may be thinking about changing jobs or you may be further down the road and actively interviewing and considering offers.
In the last two days alone, I have met with and worked with two lawyers who are looking to make changes. The lawyer I met yestereday is considering a very good job offer in another jurisdiction. The lawyer I met today is just about to start his job search.
So like these lawyers, you may also find it helpful to have an Independent trusted Advisor / Confidante to bounce ideas off as you plan your move.
You may want to:
- Discuss job search strategies such as direct approaches, reaching out to your network and consulting specialist recruitment firms (to which recuritment firms to consult etc).
- Prepare for an Interview;
- Discuss your job offer(s) with an independent person to get their perspective;
- Weigh up with someone which which job offer to accept; and
- Talk about how you might negotiate an increase in salary with your prospective employer;
“Talk to Colin”
Wishing you every success and happiness for 2014 and beyond.
“Lawyers’ Business Development Club”
LONDON, DUBLIN & NEW YORK
Telephone: 07917 301 070