General Counsel for Microsoft (UK)
Guest Speaker @ 2nd Annual General Counsel Summit
23 May 2018, 2.00 PM to 6.30 PM | CMS, 78 Cannon Street, London
I am absolutely thrilled to confirm that Patricia (Tish) Christias will be our guest speaker at our *2nd Annual GC Summit* in London.
Tish has very kindly said she will give us a Talk about her personal career journey and share with us lessons she has learned along the way.
About Patricia (Tish)
General Counsel, Microsoft (UK)
Tish is the Head of Legal for Microsoft in the UK and advises on a wide range of commercial and contentious issues. She works to drive business impact for Microsoft and its customers while mitigating risk, including for novel business models in new areas of law. The attorneys on her team regularly partner with the legal and compliance professional’s in Microsoft’s customers to help drive their organizations’ digital transformations. Tish started her private practice career as an IP litigator before transitioning to become a commercial attorney. She is passionate about promoting a diverse and inclusive legal sector and sits on the board of Prime as the in-house representative.
She is a graduate of Trinity College (Connecticut) and The George Washington University Law School. She is a member of the New York State Bar.
TED-style Talks @ 2nd Annual GC Summit
London | Wednesday, 23 May 2018 | 2.00 PM to 6.30 PM | CMS, Cannon St, London
Sponsors: Matheson & CMS
Some of the most influential and inspirational General Counsel in the UK have very kindly agreed to give us a 20 minute TED-style TALK about their personal career journey and share with us some lessons they learned along the way. I hope it will be a very enjoyable, fun and inspirational afternoon.
My thanks to our sponsors:
- Éanna Mellett, corporate partner and resident counsel in Matheson’s London office.
- Rita Lowe, Head of Banking and Finance at CMS.
Contact: Colin Carroll
Please feel free to get in touch if you would like more information or would be interested in attending our Summit.
Headquartered in Dublin with offices in London, New York, Palo Alto and San Francisco, more than 650 people work across Matheson’s five offices, including 85 partners and tax principals and over 350 legal and tax professionals. Matheson concentrates on serving the Irish legal needs of internationally focused companies and financial institutions doing business in and from Ireland. Matheson’s clients include the majority of the Fortune 100 companies and over half of the world’s 50 largest banks. Matheson has worked closely with some of the world’s largest tech multinationals and high-profile start-ups advising 7 of the top 10 global technology brands.
Awards and Endorsements
- Matheson was named Ireland’s Legal Adviser of the Year in the Mergermarket European M&A Awards 2017.
- Matheson was ranked Ireland’s Most Innovative Law Firm in the 2017 Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Awards. In addition, the firm was ranked in the FT’s Top 20 Most Innovative Law Firms in Europe.
- Matheson won seven Finance Dublin Deals of the Year 2017 relating to M&A, Equity Capital Markets, Loans and Financing and International Financial Services.
- Matheson was named International Firm in the Americas by International Tax Review 2017 and also won European Financial Services Tax Deal of the Year.
- Matheson was named UCITS Law Firm of the Year by the Hedge Fund Journal 2017
- Matheson won ILO Client Choice Awards in the categories of Corporate, Banking and IT and Internet Law in Ireland.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS can work for you in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide. Globally 4,500 lawyers offer business-focused advice tailored to our clients’ needs, whether in your local market or across multiple jurisdictions.
With the coming together of CMS, Nabarro and Olswang on 1 May 2017, we have created a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence.
This means putting our clients’ interests and priorities at the very heart of everything we do. And, in a world of ever-accelerating change, that demands unwavering sector focus combined with quality practice specialism.
I’d love to see you on 23 May if you were free and interested in joining us.
I hope to see you soon.
Have a great evening,