The General Counsel Dining-Club
Private-Dining Club for Influential GC’s
Part of the LBDC | Lawyers’ Business Development Club |
London | Dublin | New York | Boston | San Francisco | Dubai
Previous LBDC Guest Speakers include:
The Chairman of Goldman Sachs International | The Deputy Worldwide Chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi | The CEO of PayPal (MENA) | The CEO of Hogan Lovells | The CEO of O2 / Telefonica | The CEO of Saatchi & Sa atchi (MENA) | The CEO of PwC (Ireland) | The CEO of Bank of Ireland (UK) | The CEO of Sunderland FC | The CEO of the Law Society of England & Wales |
The GC of MetLife Inc. | The GC of Pearson Plc | The GC of Manchester United FC | The GC of the Intercontinental Hotels Group | The GC of The Weir Group plc | The GC of Network Rail | The GC of Carillion plc |
The General Counsel Dining-Club | London
Next Tuesday, 8 March 2016
Sponsor: Invest Northern Ireland
Our thanks to Karena Vaughan (Director of Europe) and Julie-Ann Brace (Business Development Director) at Invest Northern Ireland for sponsoring our event. This will be an invitation-only event.
The General Counsel Dining Club: Exclusive Invitation-Only Event
|When:||Tuesday , 8 March 2016|
|6.30 pm to 9.30 pm|
|Where:||London (Mayfair) Private dining room of one of London’s top restaurants)|
|Sponsor:||Invest Northern Ireland|
Previous General Counsel Dining Club Events: Feedback from our GC Guests
- Colin, apologies that it has taken until now for me to email you – it has been ridiculously busy. Nevertheless, I should have been in contact with you sooner to let you know what an enjoyable evening I had at the LBDC dinner. You were a fantastic host, [ ] discussion was thought-provoking, the other guests were very engaging and the venue was exceptional. It also provided [ ] and I with an excellent opportunity to catch up and we managed to squeeze a few pints in after the dinner. I would like to hear more about future LBDC events. I hope you have had a good weekend and I look forward to speaking with you again soon.”
- “Colin, you did it again! That was a great dinner last night – a fantastic setting, an energising and challenging speaker, a great group of people and outsanding food. Above all it was fun and thought provoking, always a great combination. Thanks again for the invitation and I was really pleased I could make it this time. It was great to see you again and I will make sure I don’t leave it so long before we meet up again.”
- “Dear Colin, thanks again for the wonderful organisation and the invitation. I had a very enjoyable evening chatting to you and other guests and everyone I spoke to seems to have had a brilliant time! We also found [ ] talk very helpful and well balanced. I promised to keep in touch with [ ] to help him to navigate…. [ ] , me and [ ] also talked about a girls lunch sometime. We will certainly keep you posted as you were the connector of these all! Enjoy the beautiful sunny day!”
- “Colin, many thanks for your hospitality on Wednesday evening. I thoroughly enjoyed the GC event and meeting both you and my fellow guests. I was at a busy seminar in [ ] yesterday morning, and shamelessly applied the techniques which [ ] shared with us!”
- “Colin, a big thank you for organising last night’s event. A lively discussion, interesting people, great venue, great food – what’s not to like! See you soon”
- “Hi Colin, thanks for a great night last night. It was a really good presentation and discussion. Some interesting views expressed. Best regards”
- “Colin, thanks again for an interesting and enjoyable evening. See you soon.”
- “Colin, a really enjoyable evening! Very many thanks.”
- “Dear Colin Thank you for inviting me. The venue was lovely and the debate was really good. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.”
- “Colin just a quick note from me to thank you and Julie-Ann very much for a most enjoyable evening on Wednesday. I thought it was excellent. Look forward to seeing you again at some point in the future. Best wishes.”
- “Colin, thank you very much for your hospitality on Wednesday. I had a very enjoyable and useful evening. It was nice to meet some GC’s from other organisations. I found the speaker very interesting with good sensible advice we can all use to good effect. Best wishes”
- “Hi Colin, many thanks for the invitation to last week’s GC event. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and thought your choices of venue and speaker were terrific, as usual. Speak soon.
- “Thank you Colin for arranging another great event today which I very much enjoyed. I was just sorry that I couldn’t contribute more to the debate given the parlous state of my vocal chords! I will look forward to seeing you at the next one….! Thanks also to Julie Ann and Karena for sponsoring this morning.”
- “Great session – insightful topics delivered by even more interesting characters. I could well have spent longer as there was clearly further ground to cover/develop. How you manage to consistently attract speakers of such depth and breadth is impressive – are you sure you should not be the one speaking on “Networking”?! Look forward to seeing you Thursday morning.”
- “Hi Colin, I enjoyed the meal, the speakers and the discussion – a great combination! And also a big thank you to Karena and Julie-Ann for sponsoring the event – great location!”
- “Colin, thanks again for another brilliant event. Terrific venue and food, and great speakers! Enjoy St Patricks Day, and I look forward to catching up again soon.”
- “Colin, really enjoyed the event. Excellent venue, two really interesting speakers and good conversation before, during and afterwards. Thanks to you and Invest NI. Enjoy the rest of St P’s day and see you on Thursday!”
- Hi Colin, I enjoyed the GC event very much. A big thank to you, Julie-Ann and Karena for organising it. I look forward to seeing you all at the next event.”
- “ I really enjoyed it and found it very thought-provoking. So sorry I had to run off. Unfortunately, I can’t make Thursday but hope I can make another meeting in future?.”
- “Dear Colin, it was great to see you at your event. I greatly enjoyed it and found the conversation of both speakers very interesting and stimulating. Thank you very much for inviting me, unfortunately, I won’t be free this Thursday morning as I will be in [ ]. However, please do stay in touch and invite me to future events.”
Sponsor: Invest Northern Ireland
” As the regional business development agency, Invest NI’s role is to grow the local economy. We do this by supporting new and existing businesses to compete internationally, and by attracting new investment to Northern Ireland.
We are part of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment and provide strong government support for business by effectively delivering the Government’s economic development strategies.
Invest NI offers the Northern Ireland business community a single organisation providing high-quality services, programmes, support and expert advice.
We principally support those businesses that can make the greatest contribution to growing our economy. These are businesses that have ability to grow and drive productivity in the economy and are keen to export their goods and services outside Northern Ireland. “
My thanks to Karena Vaughan (Director of Europe) and Julie-Ann Brace (Business Development Director) at Invest Northern Ireland for sponsoring this exclusive LBDC event.
Next LBDC Talk : Our 50th Talk
Join us in London
our 50th LBDC Talk
Bjarne P. Tellmann, GC of Pearson Plc
19 April 2016
6.30 pm to 7.30 pm
Venue: City of London (TBC)
We will have a very special event to mark this 50th milestone; a fireside chat with Bjarne P. Tellmann, the Senior VP and General Counsel of Pearson plc. Our conversation will be:
“Leading Legal Teams In an Age of Innovation and Disruption.”
As some of you may know last October, we had a fireside chat in New York with Bjarne P. Tellmann (sponsored and hosted by Morgan Lewis). Bjarne’s conversation with us was a huge hit.
If you were free on 19 April, it would be great to see you. I am sure you would enjoy the evening.
Places will be limited at our special LBDC | Lawyers’ Business Development Club | event. A waiting-list will be in operation once all the places have been allocated.
To reserve your place, please drop me a line:
colin [at ] lawyersbdc.com
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you at our fireside chat with Bjarne P. Tellmann’s fireside
London │Paris | Dublin | New York | Boston | San Francisco | Dubai
50 Guest Speaker Talks | Est’d London 2011
Previous Guest Speakers include:
The Chairman of Goldman Sachs International | The Deputy Worldwide Chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi | The CEO of Facebook (Ireland) | The CEO of PayPal (MENA) | The CEO of Hogan Lovells | The CEO of O2 / Telefonica |
Official Partner in London – Keltie LLP | Official Partner in Dublin – Boston College’s Global Leadership Institute
Est’d London 2011