LBDC | Lawyers’ Business Development Club |
London │ Dublin │ Dubai │ Boston │ New York
LBDC: The GC Dining Club
St Patrick’s Day:
GENERAL COUNSEL Roundtable Event
Tuesday, 17 March 2015
Sponsor: Invest Northern Ireland
Happy St Patrick’s Day to all you.
You may be interested to know that we celebrated St Patrick’s Day at the “LBDC” (“Lawyers’ Business Development Club”) by hosting a special event for London’s most influential General Counsel.
This exclusive event, by invitation only, took place in the private-dining room at Richard Corrigan’s Bentley’s Oyster Bar and Grill in Mayfair, London.
Our event was very kindly sponsored by Invest Northern Ireland.
Our wonderful guest speakers were Kingsley Aikins CBE (CEO of Diaspora Matters) and Dr Dimitrios Tsivrikos (an established academic and practitioner in business and consumer psychology at the University College London).
General Counsel: Comments and Feedback
You may be interested to read some comments/feedback from our General Counsel (GC) guests who attended our St Patrick’s Day event this morning.
- “Thank you Colin for arranging another great event today which I very much enjoyed. I was just sorry that I couldn’t contribute more to the debate given the parlous state of my vocal chords! I will look forward to seeing you at the next one….! Thanks also to Julie Ann and Karena for sponsoring this morning. In addition to the speakers, I also thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast, including the oyster which is not something I would usually eat!”
- “Hi Colin, thank you, and Invest NI, for a fantastic start to the day. Great session – insightful topics delivered by even more interesting characters. I could well have spent longer as there was clearly further ground to cover/develop. How you manage to consistently attract speakers of such depth and breadth is impressive – are you sure you should not be the one speaking on “Networking”?! Look forward to seeing you Thursday morning.”
- “Hi Colin, thanks for the breakfast this am – I enjoyed the meal, the speakers and the discussion – a great combination! And also a big thank you to Karena and Julie-Ann for sponsoring the event – great location!”
- “Colin, thanks again for another brilliant event this morning. Terrific venue and breakfast, and great speakers! Enjoy St Patricks Day, and I look forward to catching up again soon.”
- Colin, really enjoyed the event this morning. Excellent venue, two really interesting speakers and good conversation before, during and afterwards. Thanks to you and Invest NI. Enjoy the rest of St P’s day and see you on Thursday!”
- “Hi Colin, I enjoyed the GC breakfast event very much. A big thank to you, Julie-Ann and Karena for organising it. I look forward to seeing you all at the next event.”
- “Hi Colin, I enjoyed the GC breakfast event very much. A big thank to you, Julie-Ann and Karena for organising it….If I am in London [on Thursday] I will come [to LBDC Talk], otherwise I look forward to seeing you all at the next event.”
- “Hi Colin, thanks so much for the session this morning, I really enjoyed it and found it very thought-provoking. So sorry I had to run off. Unfortunately, I can’t make Thursday but hope I can make another meeting in future?.”
- “Dear Colin, it was great to see you at the event this morning. I greatly enjoyed it and found the conversation of both speakers very interesting and stimulating. Thank you very much for inviting me, unfortunately, I won’t be free this Thursday morning as I will be in [ ]. However, please do stay in touch and invite me to future events.”
About Kingsley Aikins CBE
“Kingsley Aikins CBE is the founder and CEO of Diaspora Matters, a Dublin based consultancy company that advises countries, cities, regions, companies and organisations on how to develop strategies to connect with their Diasporas.
He is a recognised expert on Networking and has written and spoken extensively on the topic and has run workshops and Networking Training Programmes for Google, Linkedin, Accenture, Intel, PwC and a number of the leading law firms in Dublin.
In his career he worked for 10 years for the Irish Trade Board and IDA Ireland and was based in Sydney. He then led the Ireland Funds for 21 years, mostly based in Boston. In his time with the Funds over a quarter of a billion dollars was raised for projects in Ireland.
He represented Trinity College, Irish Universities, Vichy (France) and Leinster at rugby.
He was awarded a CBE for his work on Irish- British issues.
He is an Economics and Politics graduate of Trinity College Dublin. He is married with 3 children and lives in Dublin.”
About Dr Dimitrios Tsivrikos
Dr Dimitrios Tsivrikos is an established academic and practitioner in business and consumer psychology at the University College London (UCL).
Dimitrios’ research, teaching and consultancy work focuses in retail marketing, brand communications and behavioural change. As a chartered psychologist he has designed and directed numerous innovative research projects to unveil consumers’ behavioural patterns and uncover customer retail experiences related to advertising, on-line & in-store promotions and packaging preferences. In his capacity as a behavioural scientist Dimitrios was commissioned by various corporations, such as Barclay’s, Commercial Bank of Qatar, Deutsche Bank, and FRAE; and offered business solutions that revolutionised customer relations, retail marketing, branding strategies, and in store atmospherics effectiveness.
Throughout his academic career he has held a number of international research fellowships, and has published widely on psychology and business oriented subjects, with articles appearing in various academic periodicals and in a number of FMCG, fashion, and marketing industry reports. Finally, Dimitrios is a leading broadcaster on consumer behaviour/psychology and a frequent guest on the BBC, SKY NEWS, Channel 4 as well as acting as a scientific consultant in various periodicals such as Property Week, Esquire, The Guardian and The Sunday Times.
Sponsor: Invest Northern Ireland
” As the regional business development agency, Invest NI’s role is to grow the local economy. We do this by supporting new and existing businesses to compete internationally, and by attracting new investment to Northern Ireland.
We are part of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment and provide strong government support for business by effectively delivering the Government’s economic development strategies.
Invest NI offers the Northern Ireland business community a single organisation providing high-quality services, programmes, support and expert advice.
We principally support those businesses that can make the greatest contribution to growing our economy. These are businesses that have ability to grow and drive productivity in the economy and are keen to export their goods and services outside Northern Ireland. “
My thanks to Karena Vaughan (Director of Europe) and Julie-Ann Brace (Business Development Director) at Invest Northern Ireland for sponsoring this exclusive LBDC event.
If you are a General Counsel and would like to attend our next “LBDC” GC (only) event, please get in touch. It would be great to hear from you and I would be happy to extend an invitation to you to our future events.
This Thursday: Richard Hytner Talk
This Thursday, RICHARD HYTNER (Deputy Chairman Worldwide, Saatchi & Saatchi) will be our guest speaker at the LBDC in London.
Our event will be open to all lawyers (from both private practice and in-house) and will be free to attend.
Richard is the author of the highly acclaimed new book: Consiglieri: Leading from the Shadows.”
Please email me if you would like me to keep you a place.
I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing you at a future LBDC event.
Have a great St Patrick’s Day.
LBDC (“Lawyers’ Business Development Club“)
London │ Dublin │ Dubai │ Boston │ New York
Telephone: 0044 7917 301 070
The LBDC is sponsored by:
Global Sponsor: CityJet