LBDC | Lawyers’ Business Development Club |
The General Counsel Dining Club
Thursday, 5 March 2015
Sponsor: William Fry
You may be interested to know that in Dublin on Thursday 5 March 2015, we held our LBDC | Lawyers’ Business Development Club | exclusive General Counsel (GC) private-dining and roundtable discussion.
Our event was very kindly sponsored by William Fry.
This exclusive event, by invitation only, took place in the stunning Guest Room at The Stephen’s Green Hibernian Club.
General Counsel: Reaction / Feedback
You may be interested to read some comments/feedback from our General Counsel (GC) guests on our inaugural event.
- “Colin, it was a very enjoyable morning. It’s a very busy time for me at the moment with our board meetings next week and it’s also our AGM ‘prep time’ so I thought that I might have to miss the session. However, it’s never a ‘good time’ and the lesson learned from today is that networking should be part of / incorporated into your life – not something that one does when one has the time. If I waited until I had ‘the time’ I would invariably never attend anything and potentially miss meeting great people which could lead to great opportunities. Looking forward to the next session.”
- “Hi Colin, thank you very much for inviting me to this morning’s session. [ ] was a wonderful speaker – you could listen to those fantastic stories all day! I look forward to hearing about the next LBDC event and wish you the very best for your upcoming international events.”
- “Hi Colin, I thoroughly enjoyed the session this morning. I didn’t notice the time going by at all and left feeling I’d have been happy to stay longer, which is a very good sign! Look forward to seeing you again at the next event.”
- “Colin, thank you for the invitation and I thoroughly enjoyed the event – well done on the organisation of another very thought provoking morning. My apologies for having to slip off early. I look forward to attending the next General Counsel event. “
- “Hi Colin, many thanks for asking me along this morning to the LBDC inaugural Irish GC event. I enjoyed the session thoroughly and also thought [the speaker] was superb. I look forward to hooking up with you again soon.”
- “Colin, many thanks for this morning – enjoyed it very much.”
- “Colin, many thanks for a very enjoyable and worthwhile event. Good luck with your Dubai launch.”
- “Colin, thanks again for a great event.”
- Colin, it was good to meet with you today and thank you for both the invitation and for the engaging discussion.”
- “Colin, apologies for the delay in reverting to you. I hope you are keeping well and things are good back in London. It was great to meet you at the LBDC General Counsel event. I thought it was an excellent event I was only sorry that I didn’t take notes when [guest speaker] was speaking! He was fantastic. He mentioned a number of books and articles which I would have liked to have reviewed. If you have the details of the books/articles please ping the details onto me…Many thanks also to William Fry for supporting the LBDC event. I look forward to meeting you again.”
Sponsor: William Fry
“As one of Ireland’s largest law firms, William Fry offers unrivalled legal and tax expertise across the full breadth of the business sector. We advise a substantial number of leading Irish and international companies, covering both the public and private sector.
With a staff of over 400, the Firm operates a large international practice and regularly acts in cases involving other jurisdictions, including: the United Kingdom, the United States, Asia, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Poland and Eastern Europe.
One of the key factors of the service provided by the Firm is the depth of experience and level of expertise it can bring to bear for the benefit of clients. The affairs of every client are assigned to a Partner who will be responsible for guiding our legal team in creating effective working relationships and developing solutions to problems.
The Firm’s priorities are focused on the need to achieve results for clients. Continued investment in people, technology and research maintain the Firm’s ability to provide practical and prompt solutions, while devoting exacting attention to detail.”
William Fry has offices in Dublin, London, New York and California.
David Carthy (Corporate Partner at William Fry)
He specialises in transactional M&A, fundraising (both from a company and investor perspective), shareholder arrangements and public listed company work including IPOs, takeovers and rights issues.
In addition to his core US focus and client base, David leads the firm’s Asia Practice Group and is a former Chairman of the Ireland India Business Association and current director of the Asia Trade Forum.”
Next General Counsel “LBDC” Event: Dublin
Our next General Counsel event in Dublin takes place next month in April. It will be a dinner and roundtable discussion in the private-dining room in one of Dublin’s top restaurants.
General Counsel: Ireland
If you are a General Counsel in Ireland and would like to attend our next “LBDC” GC (only) event, please get in touch. It would be great to hear from you and I would be happy to extend an invitation to you to our future events.
Next General Counsel Event: London
I look forward to hearing from you and to seeing you at a future “LBDC” event.
LBDC (“Lawyers’ Business Development Club“)
London │ Dublin │ Dubai │ Boston │ New York
Telephone: 0044 7917 301 070
The LBDC is sponsored by:
Global Sponsor: CityJet