LBDC | Lawyers’ Business Development Club |
I am delighted to let you know that we had a very successful launch of the BOSTON chapter of the “LBDC” (“Lawyers’ Business Development Club“) on Monday 10 November 2014.
Our “LBDC” Boston launch was sponsored and hosted by the law firm Sullivan & Worcester.
Guest Speaker: Dorie Clark
Our guest speaker was the terrific Dorie Clark: an author and marketing strategy consultant recognized as a “branding expert” by the Associated Press and Fortune.
Dorie gave us an inspiring presentation entitled: “Developing Your Brand as a Leader.“
Photos: “LBDC” Boston launch
Twitter feedback and comments
There were quite a few tweets about Dorie’s fab Talk. I’ve included some of these tweets below:
- “@dorieclark fantastic talk this morning! And thanks to @Lawyersbdc and Sullivan&Worcester for hosting!”
- “Inspiring presentation this morning on reinventing yourself. Thanks @dorieclark and @Lawyersbdc.”
- “Thank you @SullivanLaw and @Lawyersbdc for the wonderful talk by @dorieclark about “Reinventing You this morning.”
- “@dorieclark giving us a wonderfully inspiring and engaging Talk @SullivanLaw in #Boston.”
- “Lawyersbdc thanks, Colin! Great to see you! Great choice of speaker, too. Will be in touch re: London Town! Safe travels.”
- “Dorie gave a terrific talk to @Lawyersbdc this AM at Sullivan & Worcester. 8 Grt strategies on how to define your personal brand.”
- “@dorieclark @Lawyersbdc @SullivanLaw Dorie says “Make yourself a hub; Get a “Wingman”; Convey your authority; and Find a mentor!”
- “@dorieclark make yourself a hub. How can you make yourself indispensable to your network? @lawyersbdc @Sullivanlaw.”
- “Reinvention a 21st century skill @dorieclark @lawyersbdc @robert_Mauro @BostonCollegeME.”
- “Blogging can help your contacts understand how you think. How else can they test drive your ideas? @dorieclark @Lawyersbdc.”
- “@dorieclark in today’s world, we need to reinvent ourselves. @Lawyersbdc @SullivanLaw.
Guest Speaker: Dorie Clark
Dorie Clark is a marketing strategy consultant, professional speaker, and frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review and Forbes. Recognized as a “branding expert” by the Associated Press and Fortune, she is the author of Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future (Harvard Business Review Press, 2013), which is being translated into Russian, Chinese, Arabic, French, Polish, and Thai.
Clark consults and speaks for a diverse range of clients, including Google, the World Bank, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, the Ford Foundation, Yale University, the Mount Sinai Medical Center, and the National Park Service.
Clark, a former presidential campaign spokeswoman, is an adjunct professor of business administration at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business.
She has taught marketing and communications at Tufts University, Suffolk University, Emerson College, HEC-Paris, Babson College, the University of North Carolina’s Kenan-Flagler School of Business, and Smith College Executive Education. She has been named to the Huffington Post’s “100 Must Follow on Twitter” list for 2013 and 2014, and to the #Nifty50 list of top women on Twitter.
She has also guest lectured at universities including Harvard Business School, the Harvard Kennedy School, Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business, the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, the University of California-Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, Georgetown, NYU, the MIT Sloan School of Management, and the University of Michigan.
Her work has been published in the Harvard Business Review Guide to Getting the Right Job and the Harvard Business Review Guide to Networking, and she is quoted frequently in the worldwide media, including NPR, the BBC, and MSNBC.
Aidan F. Browne: Partner at Sullivan & Worcester LLP
A special thank you to Aidan F. Browne, Partner at Sullivan & Worcester for sponsoring our exclusive LBDC guest speaker breakfast event in Boston.
Aidan F. Browne holds his law degrees in Ireland and the United States.
He is a partner and serves as director of business development for Sullivan & Worcester.
Mr. Browne has more than 20 years of experience as a corporate and commercial real estate attorney in Europe and as a foreign legal consultant in the United States.
LBDC (“Lawyers’ Business Development Club“)
London │ Dublin │ Dubai │ Boston │ New York
Telephone: 0044 7917 301 070
The LBDC is sponsored by:
Global Sponsor: CityJet