London │ Dublin │ Dubai │ Boston │ New York | San Francisco
Est’d London 2011
The General Counsel Dining Club
(Part of the LBDC)
Mayfair, London | Wednesday, 20 April 2016
I am delighted to announce that Luan de Burgh will be our guest speaker next Wednesday night at our exclusive private-dining event for influential General Counsel in Mayfair, London.
Thanks to our sponsor: Invest Northern Ireland.
This is an invite-only event for General Counsel.
Email: colin [at ] lawyersbdc.com
Luan de Burgh is the Founding Director of The de Burgh Group and heads a team of consultants who specialise in delivering leading communication, presentation and impact training to businesses of all sizes from SMEs to FTSE 100 companies.
For over ten years he has worked extensively with leaders in business (including law, finance, pharmaceutical, PR, retail, manufacturing and property) as well as with well-known figures in politics and the media.
Luan has an MA in Voice and Speech from the University of London where he subsequently lectured, as well as at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and is a visiting lecturer at BPP Law School.
A speaker himself, Luan has addressed audiences large and small around the world on topics including ‘Perfecting Your Presentation Skills,’ ‘Speaking so that Others Listen,’ ‘Impact, Presence & Gravitas,’ ‘The Power of Effective Networking’ and ‘Leadership – Breaking Through to the Next Level.’ Recent speaking engagements include conferences at PwC, DLA Piper, Clifford Chance, Linklaters, Coca Cola, The Solicitors’ Association of Higher Court Advocates, Legal Support Network, Managing Partners’ Forum, International Festival of Business and many more in the UK, USA, Australia, Russia, Middle East and Europe. He is a regular commentator in the media on matters relating to communication, impact and delivery most recently for BBC World commenting on the General Election Leaders’ Debate.
Luan de Burgh | Testimonials
“In business, effective communication can be a source of competitive advantage, and
Luan de Burgh is the master of getting it right.”
Sir Nigel Knowles, Global co-Chairman, DLA Piper
“He is like a comedy turn with a serious angle. Very, very good.”
Chris Labrey, UK Country Manager, Econocom
“Best speaker I have ever listened to”
Alison Neil, BBC
“Luan de Burgh was the best speaker I’ve ever seen. Hugely informative and very skilfully delivered. Outstanding, hilarious and informative”
Sarah Wilder, Coca Cola
The General Counsel Dining Club | Testimonials
- Colin, apologies that it has taken until now for me to email you – it has been ridiculously busy. Nevertheless, I should have been in contact with you sooner to let you know what an enjoyable evening I had at the LBDC dinner. You were a fantastic host, [ ] discussion was thought-provoking, the other guests were very engaging and the venue was exceptional. It also provided [ ] and I with an excellent opportunity to catch up and we managed to squeeze a few pints in after the dinner. I would like to hear more about future LBDC events. I hope you have had a good weekend and I look forward to speaking with you again soon.”
- “Colin, you did it again! That was a great dinner last night – a fantastic setting, an energising and challenging speaker, a great group of people and outsanding food. Above all it was fun and thought provoking, always a great combination. Thanks again for the invitation and I was really pleased I could make it this time. It was great to see you again and I will make sure I don’t leave it so long before we meet up again.”
- “Dear Colin, thanks again for the wonderful organisation and the invitation. I had a very enjoyable evening chatting to you and other guests and everyone I spoke to seems to have had a brilliant time! We also found [ ] talk very helpful and well balanced. I promised to keep in touch with [ ] to help him to navigate…. [ ] , me and [ ] also talked about a girls lunch sometime. We will certainly keep you posted as you were the connector of these all! Enjoy the beautiful sunny day!”
- “Colin, many thanks for your hospitality on Wednesday evening. I thoroughly enjoyed the GC event and meeting both you and my fellow guests. I was at a busy seminar in [ ] yesterday morning, and shamelessly applied the techniques which [ ] shared with us!”
- “Colin, a big thank you for organising last night’s event. A lively discussion, interesting people, great venue, great food – what’s not to like! See you soon”
- “Hi Colin, thanks for a great night last night. It was a really good presentation and discussion. Some interesting views expressed. Best regards”
- “Colin, thanks again for an interesting and enjoyable evening. See you soon.”
- “Colin, a really enjoyable evening! Very many thanks.”
- “Dear Colin Thank you for inviting me. The venue was lovely and the debate was really good. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.”
- “Colin just a quick note from me to thank you and Julie-Ann very much for a most enjoyable evening on Wednesday. I thought it was excellent. Look forward to seeing you again at some point in the future. Best wishes.”
- “Colin, thank you very much for your hospitality on Wednesday. I had a very enjoyable and useful evening. It was nice to meet some GC’s from other organisations. I found the speaker very interesting with good sensible advice we can all use to good effect. Best wishes”
- “Hi Colin, many thanks for the invitation to last week’s GC event. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and thought your choices of venue and speaker were terrific, as usual. Speak soon.
- “Thank you Colin for arranging another great event today which I very much enjoyed. I was just sorry that I couldn’t contribute more to the debate given the parlous state of my vocal chords! I will look forward to seeing you at the next one….! Thanks also to Julie Ann and Karena for sponsoring this morning.”
- “Great session – insightful topics delivered by even more interesting characters. I could well have spent longer as there was clearly further ground to cover/develop. How you manage to consistently attract speakers of such depth and breadth is impressive – are you sure you should not be the one speaking on “Networking”?! Look forward to seeing you Thursday morning.”
- “Hi Colin, I enjoyed the meal, the speakers and the discussion – a great combination! And also a big thank you to Karena and Julie-Ann for sponsoring the event – great location!”
- “Colin, thanks again for another brilliant event. Terrific venue and food, and great speakers! Enjoy St Patricks Day, and I look forward to catching up again soon.”
- “Colin, really enjoyed the event. Excellent venue, two really interesting speakers and good conversation before, during and afterwards. Thanks to you and Invest NI. Enjoy the rest of St P’s day and see you on Thursday!”
- Hi Colin, I enjoyed the GC event very much. A big thank to you, Julie-Ann and Karena for organising it. I look forward to seeing you all at the next event.”
- “ I really enjoyed it and found it very thought-provoking. So sorry I had to run off. Unfortunately, I can’t make Thursday but hope I can make another meeting in future?.”
- “Dear Colin, it was great to see you at your event. I greatly enjoyed it and found the conversation of both speakers very interesting and stimulating. Thank you very much for inviting me, unfortunately, I won’t be free this Thursday morning as I will be in [ ]. However, please do stay in touch and invite me to future events.”
Sponsor: Invest Northern Ireland
” As the regional business development agency, Invest NI’s role is to grow the local economy. We do this by supporting new and existing businesses to compete internationally, and by attracting new investment to Northern Ireland.
We are part of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment and provide strong government support for business by effectively delivering the Government’s economic development strategies.
Invest NI offers the Northern Ireland business community a single organisation providing high-quality services, programmes, support and expert advice.
We principally support those businesses that can make the greatest contribution to growing our economy. These are businesses that have ability to grow and drive productivity in the economy and are keen to export their goods and services outside Northern Ireland. “
My thanks to Karena Vaughan (Director of Europe) and Julie-Ann Brace (Business Development Director) at Invest Northern Ireland for sponsoring this exclusive LBDC event.
Upcoming LBDC Events
We have two upcoming LBDC events in:
LONDON | Next Tuesday – 19 April 2016 – 6.30 PM TO 7.30 PM
General Counsel of Pearson plc
Tuesday 19 April, 6.30 PM to 7.30 PM
sponsored by Keltie LLP
NEXT TUESDAY EVENING: It would be great to see you next Tuesday evening (19th April) in London for our special LBDC | Lawyers’ Business Development Club | event; our fireside chat with Bjarne P. Tellmann, General Counsel of Pearson plc. My thanks to Bjarne who will be joining us from New York. Our topic of conversation will be:
“Leading Legal Teams In an Age of Innovation and Disruption.”
As some of you know last October, we had a fireside chat in New York with Bjarne P. Tellmann (sponsored and hosted by Morgan Lewis). Many of our guests emailed afterwards to say that Bjarne was both fascinating and inspirational.
Fireside Chat with Bjarne P. Tellmann, General Counsel of Pearson plc
LBDC | EVENT DETAILS
|When:||Next Tuesday , 19 April 2016|
|Time:||Pre-event networking: 6.00 to 6.30 PM
Fireside Chat with Bjarne P. Tellmann commences at 6.30 PM.
Post-event networking: 7.30 PM to 8.00 PM
|Venue||Keltie LLP’s stunning events space overlooking London Bridge | Keltie LLP, No. 1 London Bridge, London SE1 9BA|
|RSVP||Email: colin [at] lawyersbdc.com|
Exclusive LBDC Networking Event
Tuesday 26 April 2016, 6.00 PM to 8.00 PM
It would be great to see you and have a chat if you will be in Dubai then.
I hope to see you if not in Dubai at one of our future LBDC events in
We are also planning to launch the LBDC in Geneva and Paris later this year, so please stay tuned for more details!
colin [at ] lawyersbdc.com
|When:||Tuesday 26 April 2016|
|Time:||6.00 PM to 8.00 PM|
|Venue:||Armani Hotel, Burj Khalifa, Burj Khalifa Area, Downtown Dubai|